Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Is this Considered As Animal Cruelty?


I came across a show called ‘Animal Superpowers’ on the National Geographic Channel the other day that starred Patrick Steward from the x-men movies. The show investigates and explains to us how animals have powers like changing colors and electrifying their prey.


The episode I was watching was about the newt’s ability to regenerate lost, broken or damaged body parts. Interesting? Yes it was, until the part where the limb of a newt was cut right off with a knife just to experiment on its abilities. I felt angry and started imagining the scientist’s limbs being cut off instead of the poor little newt.


Was it really necessary to do so? Is it really that important to learn how to regenerate our body parts just like a newt? How selfish humans are. I can feel the knife piercing through the skin of the little animal and it hurt in my heart. Not only that, they showed that all the other newts that were ready to be cut up lived in tiny containers just enough to hold them. I felt very sad and couldn’t take much more of this and eventually changed the channel.


What do you think of this? Is cutting off the limbs of a newt for an experiment okay to you? Well, it’s definitely a big NO for me. I say this is animal cruelty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment